Friday, February 24, 2012

Bakery Nouveau

You might be getting the idea that all I do is eat croissants, but I have to tell you about yet another great French bakery, Bakery Nouveau in West Seattle. It has the best baguettes I've tasted since moving here! But as the saying goes, man does not live by bread alone: Lunch options include quiche, sandwiches such as veggie (kalamata olives, pickles, carrots, cucumber, cream cheese, Italian herbs and provolone cheese on a chibatta roll); turkey and havarti on a croissant; roasted duck on baguette; or a BLT on baguette. Our friend Karen, who first recommended Bakery Nouveau to us, said her favorite is the ham and cheese croissant. I love the Sicilian pizza. Today Chris and Oscar opted for stromboli; it had just come out of the oven when we arrived.

There is a vast array of handmade chocolates on display, and dozens -- maybe hundreds! -- of beautiful tarts, cakes, eclairs, and pastries, and the requisite colorful macarons. Alas, I didn't try any of those, but we did share a twice-baked almond croissant, because many of the tips on foursquare recommended them. It was yummy, but I could've done without all the powdered sugar on top. I saw so many things I'd love to taste! I'll probably never go to West Seattle without stopping here.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy looking! Will I put on lbs. just looking?

    ReplyDelete